On the Hunt For:

On the Hunt for: Phil

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Of all the gin joints...

...in all the towns in all the world, I walk into hers.

Harry Houdini returns!  I have a feeling that when Harry heard the trap door snap shut today he was saying more than just Casablanca quotes. 

I was frustrated using my 2nd favorite trap because cats kept going in it and the trap would not get set off.  So, I got up earlier this morning and drove to the clinic and rented one of their traps.  And boy don't you know it's even better than my favorite trap that I had to give back to Tracy!  This trap has a sliding door on the opposite end of the trap door, which will make it easier to move the cat into the carrier.  I can't wait.  I also learned that there is a different kind of trap called a "drop trap"  I really have no idea what their version of it looks like but if I can't catch Rosie, I am going to have to try it out.  I will have to take an hour long class on how to trap cats but it will be worth it.  They also told me of a lady who is so frustrated with trying to catch a certain cat that she is going to try to drug it.  Why didn't I think of that?!!

Anyway, I've gotten away from my story...I raced home from work (only 2 hours left of daylight).  Set the clinic trap, baited it, and disguised it.  I saw Harry and Rosie both circling it tonight.  I could tell Harry really wanted in.  He was sitting at the edge of the opening looking at the food.  I even saw him inch in and quickly walk out again.  I stopped watching to water the plants and then heard my doorbell ring.  It was my 7 year-neighbor and his mother coming over to tell me that there was a cat in the trap.  We walked down there together to get a look at my catch and there was Harry! 

Cole seems mad at me when he first sees me but as soon as I pick him up he starts purring.  He does this thing after a few minutes where he rolls on his back and throws his head back to get his neck scratched.  So cute!

Just now as I was finishing my blog entry, Andy, Robin, and I heard the blood curling cry of a cat in heat.  I got out the super flashlight and looked out into the alley.  There was Rosie.  I hope she was just looking for Harry and not her next baby-daddy.

1 comment: