No sign of Harry. I set the food right on the edge of the inside of the trap today and he ate it. I will push it in further tomorrow. My neighbor Steve has started to think that my operations headquarters is actually Château d'If and that Harry Houdini is slowing removing the dirt and stones from the crawl space to burrow his way out to freedom. Steve imagines that in years to come I will get a knock on the door and in will enter a stranger announced as the Cat of Monte Cristo wearing a top hat and and carrying a bag of gold coins then dramatically he will remove his disguise and say, "Tis I the cat Harry Houdini returned after all these years." Well we'll see if that happens. I wouldn't mind if he returned with a bag of gold, but I would prefer he be neutered before he has his world adventures.
Well tomorrow is the big day for Cheddar and Asher Levi. I am going to go in confident and armed with a side kick (either Robin or Christy) to assist with getting them into the carriers. Because of the generous donations from Jami and Lori I will be getting the cats not only altered but also de-wormed, treated for fleas, and vaccinated. Thank you!
Definitions:
Feral Cat: a wild cat un-socialized to humans. Will hiss and run if you try to touch it.
Stray Cat: an outdoor unclaimed cat. Typically lives nears humans and may let you pet them.

By your definition... i officially have one stray cat! I'm so proud! And 10 (going on 16) feral ones:)
ReplyDelete