Several days ago on 8/22/10...
I let Mike go today. I had him an entire week. He did really well although he was very scared. He let me pet him on several occasions before his trip to the clinic. When I brought him home he started growling at me, so no more petting. It rained a bit yesterday, so I waited until today to release him because I did not want his water soluble stitches to disintegrate. I was able to just throw a towel over him and carry him back to our yard where I had trapped him. After I set him down he took one look at me and ran!
Now it's just poor Jake down there in the basement all by himself. He's been down there for two weeks. He is so over being caged. I had to put him in the cage for easy access because the clinic gave me another de-wormer that I have to give him for 5 days and it's liquid. I am also mad at him, on Friday I grabbed a plastic bag from the shelf and cat urine splashed all over me! I said "No more free roaming the basement for Jake." He's such a sucker...I set the trap with some tuna and he went right in. Now that we have him caged the place smells better too. Now that he is easy to grab, I can pet him. He is such a lovey cat. He curled up on my lap and purred.
Mike's kennel is cleaned out and ready for a new resident. Tomorrow I set the traps.

No comments:
Post a Comment