I am a bit frustrated thinking about how I am going to get this cat back under control (named Harry Houdini at this point in time). I am not sure he will fall for the whole "Here kitty kitty. Walk into the pretty raccoon trap so I can neuter you" line again. I talked with Randy from work. He suggested I disguise the trap. This is the best idea I have heard yet. The only alternative idea that I thought of was to open the door and let him run up the stairs and have someone at the top of the stairs with a fish net to catch him as he comes running. Disguising it sounds better doesn't it? His idea is to cover the trap with a blanket and cover the inside floor with one too. Set the food outside the trap so he gets used to being around it again with the trap door locked to stay open. Over several days gradually move the food deeper inside the trap until I know that he is actually going in the trap and then set it for real and WHAM! I am going to try it out tomorrow. Good thing it is a long weekend and I have several days to perfect this trickery.

No comments:
Post a Comment