I've been thinking that I am a little like Jane Goodall in my own cat tracking way. All the animal observing, identifying what cats live on this block, where they are, at what times they are in certain places. Everyday I walk the same short loop- out my backyard down the alley around the block and back up the street to my front door. I do this several times throughout the evening to see where the cats are and how many. At 7:10pm tonight (with my 7 year old neighbor) we observed "Pepper" playing with a moth on the corner, "Black & White Mama" walking in Terri's front yard, and Jake sleeping on Christy's sidewalk. Then we saw that Terri had let Little Boy and Jasmine out of the basement and were playing in their fenced in backyard.
At 8:00pm I noticed that the cat lady on the corner had fed her colony. Pepper, Mama, black kitten, and calico kitten were all eating on her front porch. I wanted to just reach out and grab one! Then I saw Kendall hanging out under a parked truck. Cats everywhere! Now you know why I have to stop this epidemic.
The food was untouched in the basement. Looks like Harry flew the coop. Cheddar has turned into a chatterbox and little AshLeigh a love bug. She really gets into purring and loves being pet.

No comments:
Post a Comment